TRAVEL ADVICE FOR ETHIOPIA
Holiday preparation is vital to problem free vacation to Ethiopia. By doing your groundwork prior to going for Ethiopia, you are able to reduce the chances of something going wrong. A good number of travellers often regret for not doing these simple pre travel steps well before going to Ethiopia.
Find the most updated medical services available and travel health advice for Ethiopia from the table underneath. You may, also, obtain a vast selection of information that will help you prepare for a safe and enjoyable journey to Ethiopia and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Ethiopia
Travel insurance advice for Ethiopia
Travel advice for Ethiopia
Travel Health Advice For Ethiopia
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Ethiopia
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Ethiopia and travel vaccination immunisation for ethiopia are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Ethiopia.
The travel health information for Ethiopia provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Ethiopia for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Ethiopia Travel Insurance
- Be sure that you know exactly what your travel insurance insures because they are not limitless. It might not protect you for cancellation or alteration to travel plans.
- Clear up any insurance policy issues straight with the insurer.
- Be sure that medical cover is suitable for probable expenses in Ethiopia. Be sure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Typically, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items which includes cameras, laptops and/or jewelry could have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Basic exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies like acts of civil unrest, self triggered personal injury, loss/theft of unwatched luggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance plans may be invalidated where injuries are experienced under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Ethiopia
- Have a look at the most up-to-date travel advice for Ethiopia from any of the following sites: UK travel advice for Ethiopia, US State Department travel warnings for Ethiopia or Canadian government travel advice for Ethiopia.
- Purchase an appropriate travel insurance for Ethiopia to pay hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any sort of pursuits, for instance adventure sports, in which you wish to Ethiopia.
- In advance of travelling to Ethiopia register your travel and contact particulars on the net or at your local embassy or consulate as soon as you arrive in Ethiopia, so they are able get hold of you in an emergency.
- Observe the Ethiopian law. Consular assistance is not able to override local Ethiopian laws and regulations, even where local laws seem to be extreme or unfounded by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for Ethiopia or countries you are visiting or transiting. Keep in mind a Ethiopian visa doesn't guarantee entry into Ethiopia.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Keep one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
- Check with health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations or other precautions for Ethiopia and find out about Ethiopia laws on travelling with medicines.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while in Ethiopia.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Ethiopia.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Ethiopia
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Ethiopia will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Ethiopian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Ethiopian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012